Saturday 19 July 2008

Ctrl + F5

Or Refresh

Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Atomic Bomb

I remember a day, not so long ago, when this blog used to be daily. It was a fun time, filled with flowers and skipping through fields and sunshine. Nowadays, blogs are rare occurrences. They pop up every so often, with no thought to sticking to a schedule. They get written, they get posted. The end.

There are several reasons to why this is. The first is laziness. Why write something when I can be out partying, or lying in a park, or playing videogames, or just doing something that feels less like work? There is no reason why, at least at the time, so I don’t write.

When I do get round to writing, it is to write other things. I’ve recently been accepted into a 5 day networking event in Edinburgh, an off-shoot of the TV festival taking place at the same time, and I’ll be meeting a whole bunch of big media types. You know, heads of channels and stuff. This means I’ve got to make sure I have a script to bring with me, so I can casually break into their suitcases and leave it.

Lastly, I like my posts to be of a certain quality. I could easily stick to a schedule if I just posted a funny video or a quick thought, but this seems lazy. So instead, I post nothing. Because obviously that makes sense.

But whatever the reason, what the lack of posts mean is that I get friends complaining that nothing new has appeared, less readers, and a horrible feeling every time I go and attempt to post something new. It’s off putting, seeing the long gaps between posts.

So here, right now, on the 19th July 2008, I propose a new schedule. From this time onwards, posts will appear on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Sure, I may get inspired and write more, but the gist is that there will always be posts on those days.

This will (hopefully) give me chance to write when I feel like it and keep to something bordering on regular. Maybe I’ll find that I write more, and add an extra day. Maybe not. Time will tell.

Guess you just have to look forward to Monday now. Until then, go to www.drhorrible.com and watch the videos contained within. At least until tomorrow, because then it’ll cost you.

:D

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory