Saturday 21 June 2008

Memoirs from Poole: Things I THINK I Understand About Girls

It's been two years since I last lived with girls; somehow I've resided in all-male houses. And even during that year, the girl's very much had their own floor that was very rarely entered. After all, the boy floor had a pool table and the girl's just had smelly soap and make-up.

So the holiday was certainly interesting: living with three girls in close quarters for seven days. I learnt stuff. Not a lot, mind, because if girls could be figured out in a week then the world would be a simpler place, but a little.

What follows is a culmination of all my knowledge from the week about girls.
  • Girl's hair gets everywhere. Shower, sink, toilet, my pillow; everywhere! Unfortunately, all three girls have brown hair, so it was impossible to pin down the culprit.
  • Girls are under the mistaken belief that boys are purposely leaving the toilet seat up to screw with them. We're not. We're just forgetful. How hard is it to put the seat down yourself?
  • Girls (Or some anyway) snore and make nasty noises in bed just the same as a boy. However, boys are discreet about mentioning said noises whilst girls are quite happy to moan about how little sleep they got.
  • Some girls like plucking their eyebrows.
  • The average number of bras owned by a girl is eight. However, they all still owned some that didn't fit anymore.
  • Girls will say things in advance of doing them. For example, "I need the toilet" or "I need a drink". Boys just go and do these things. Girls think the world needs to know their plans.

That's it. The end. All I know.

The one thing I still haven't grasped is how they manage to take a bra off without removing their tops. Defies the law of gravity.

Ah well. There's always next holiday.

:D

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory