Friday 1 August 2008

Excuses Excuses

Just two posts ago I was here, promising a more regular schedule to this blog. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I said. I crossed my heart and swore on people’s lives.

But we are now a in a different month and I’ve only written one post, right at the beginning of this new leaf. Rubbish, you say. But let me explain.

First I was ill. Not just a cold, or just feeling a little bit down. This was a full-on fever. This was a throwing up, achy, goosebumpy fever, sweaty, hot kiss illness. The kind of thing that you cure by wrapping yourself in bed or on the sofa, watch loads of comforting television and drink flat, sugary drinks. Cuddles help too.

Writing anything, or even simple thinking, would NOT have been beneficial and so the blog was left to grow weeds.

Then, as my body fought its way back to health, I was packed into a car and driven to Leeds for my graduation. Now there’s a blog to write about the whole adventure, and I don’t have the time now, but it basically involved wearing a funny hat (One of my favourite activities) and waiting eagerly to here my name being called.

Once back in the comforts of home, and after having the pure unadulterated pleasure of seeing ‘The Dark Knight’ (More on that later), I was drafted to work in the garden. Digging in the hot, hot heat of a British summer doesn’t lead to writing, and neither does cuddling up to watch TV, which is how I spent the evening. I know that this time could have been spent writing but screw it. I’d worked ALL day (read: a couple of hours)!

Now I’m sat here, in a hotel room in Preston and dressed to the nines (A shirt). In about five minutes I’ll be off to a wedding and once again I won’t have time to write. Except to, well, explain why I’m not writing.

But I swear, come Monday, there will be a new blog. Seriously. I promise.

:D

http://ducksxsayxmoo.deviantart.com/art/what-s-your-excuse-35026520

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory