Monday 28 January 2008

And So It Begins


Tomorrow I begin principal photography on our fashion modelling based film noir. And yes, I do love saying "principal photography" because it makes the whole thing seem more professional and less like a rag-tag group of students who have been given a camera and a thousand pounds to have our filthy way with.

The stage is set. The pieces are in place. Our director knows what he wants, the cinematographer knows how to interpret what the director wants and the writer can watch his precious script get butchered.

Locations have been found and all those pesky health and safety forms have been filled in to make sure that no-one trips over a loose cable or drives a car into a tree. Actors are ready to act, make-up people are ready to make them look pretty and I'm there to make sure they get fed. And that they're warm. And that they have everything they need; up to, and occasionally including, sexual favours.

In metaphorical terms, I'm about to jump off a cliff. I've got dressed and packed the things I need. I've got into my car and driven to the right spot. I've checked the weather to make sure there won't be a storm. I've asked my friend how deep he reckons the water will be and he's said "Deep enough".

I've taken a deep breath. And now I'm running towards the edge.

What I find when I land is anyone's guess. Sure, the water could be just right. But it could start to rain. I could slip and fall. Hit my head on a rock. I could forget how to swim or be dragged away by a strong current.

But as long as I can climb out, bleeding and wet, I'll do it all again. Just for the adrenaline rush.


:D

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory