Monday 21 January 2008

Ouch!

It is way too early!

Last night, just before sleep, I felt twinges of pain. The forming of a headache. But it's okay, I told myself, because I can just go to sleep and it'll be gone by the morning.

How old have I become that this no longer works?!

At half four I was awoken with a fully-fledged headache. I've since nicknamed it the 'humbling headache' because it makes things painful when you look up, so I was forced to have my head bowed.

Anyhow, I went in search of some kind of medication that would sate the pain long enough for me to grab that little bit of extra sleep. In the bathroom I found 'Telfast'. I was unsure whether they were the right tablets of not, since they had no cardboard box, but took the giant pink tablets anyway.

At the point of writing I am still in the dark about what I took, because they certainly didn't help with the headache. I tossed and turned for half an hour, waiting for something that claims to be 'fast' to numb the pain.

It didn't.

I thought briefly about walking into the nearby hospital and demanding some morphine, but decided against the melodramatic. Instead, I dressed and headed out into the rain to a 24/7 shop, twenty minutes away. The Telefast still hadn't kicked in when I eventually reached the shop.

I bought Neurofen and some water, took them in the shop and then headed back the way I came. Since sleep was only going to be precious few minutes, I passed my house and travelled to the University Library, open 24 hours a day. I'm starting to think all things should be open twenty four hours, because those places have saved my life this morning.

So here I am. White as a sheet, wet, tired but (thankfully) painless. This does not seem the start of a good day.

Therefore I must break my current trend of ending on smiley faces (Sorry Emma!).

:(

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory