Monday 21 January 2008

I'm Giving Up Giving Up

Twenty one days ago, and nine blogs ago, I promised the world that I would give up fizzy drinks. Today, I am announcing that the promise is over. I am drinking Coke again!

Now let me explain before people call me weak-willed and a failure. It was never an easy decision. Here is the logic I'm going with:

The reason I gave up fizzy drinks was a drive to be healthier. Noble, I know. And sure, drinking water every day did detox me a whole bunch. But what it all lacked was fun.

I could live an alcohol-free, danger-free life, living off cabbage and raisins, and live to be 203, but I'd be incredibly bored. What is the point of living a long time if you don't spend that time living?

Also, there's the whole idea of my sanity, my mental health. Whilst my body may have been loads healthier, I longed for something with taste. Slowly my morale dropped and I swear that I would have gone crazy and killed someone if my fizzy drink chastity had continued.

I will still try and continue the good habit of drinking two litres of water a day, so the ban hasn't been a total waste. But I'm also back in the lovely, comfortable hug of fizzy drinks now, and that is where I will remain.

Well, until I die at the grand age of 32

:D

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory