Saturday 26 January 2008

Archived Writing

Here is another piece from my old notebook. Again, it's not finished and doesn't have a title, but this time it is happier. Although halfway through I seemed to have stopped and when I came back to it I had a different coloured pen and seemed more depressed. Because it goes downhill from that point.

Oh, and I'm a girl. I don't know why.

Enjoy!

I dance a thousand dances, live a thousand happy moments when we first kiss. Eyes shut, my mind fills with all the colours of every spectrum, waltzing, expanding, exploding across my eyelids. This is ecstasy.

I wish that this moment will last, till the end of time and beyond, rooted to this spot, holding the one I adore, forever connected, forever loved. But it does end and I open my eyes, reality filters in. He stands, watching me, the one constant between my dreams and this reality. He smiles, and his chocolate-brown eyes also seem to. I smile too, his reflection.

Our silence hangs comfortably in the air. We say nothing but everything is communicated; in our smiles, our eyes, the way he holds my waist so protectively. He silently tells me he loves me. I silently tell him I love him too. We kiss again and my mind dance.

It is softer this time, more confident, rehearsed. I melt into him, absorbed and the world slips away. Just me and him and it's all I need. We are everything important, connected for always. He pulls away.

"I can't do this."

The words hurt, daggers to the heart. I try to reply, defend myself from it, but nothing comes, no words to shield me. I just gape at him, like a fish. His smile has gone, his eyes dead to me. He is frowning and I wonder what horrors he is thinking to hurt him so.

:D

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory