Monday 25 February 2008

I Adore...


I did an exercise for a writing class which was supposed to show me who I really was and help me become a better writer. I'm not sure about the latter, but I'm learning that there seems to be a lot of things I adore.

I was at work this weekend and kept thinking of more and more things I could have added to the list. So here they all are. I was going to make them rhyme and fit them to the tune of "Favourite Things" but that would involve a whole world of effort. Also, what rhymes with sandwich?

I adore...
  • Smoothies.
  • Standing still in the shower, early in the morning, closing my eyes and letting the water rush over me.
  • Playing music really loud.
  • Lying in bed and playing music softly next to my ear.
  • Pie, preferably homemade.
  • Walking in the early hours of the morning.
  • Costume parties, because I can be someone else for a night.
  • Making people smile.
  • Making people laugh.
  • Swinging on a swing.
  • Lying in warm grass.
  • Jumping into a swimming pool second time around.
  • Big jumpers that cover my hands (I think that's a comfort thing).
  • Going to a quiet pub with friends and just talking; when it's not about the drink and more about the company.
  • Hugging people.
  • Getting lost in writing. When I stop trying to figure out what my characters are going to say and do next and just let my characters decide what they want to say or do.
  • Finding a solution to my writer's block and it being so simple and so awesome.
  • Watching pretty girls on a train (In a non-stalker way).
  • Cooking for people.
  • Holding someone's hand.
  • Being silent with people and not worrying about what to say next.
  • People playing with my hair.
  • Running really fast in a supermarket and sliding round a corner.
  • When lyrics to a song fit my life beautifully.
  • Hearing a song that takes me back to a time or place, even if it's not a very happy place.
  • Films that make me cry.
  • The sound of rain on a conservatory roof.
  • Watching people sleep (Again, not in a stalker way)
  • Giving people presents on days they don't expect it.
  • Photographs of friends.
  • Cool sounding words.
  • Someone strumming on a guitar.
  • Commas.
  • Writing lists of things I adore (Well, now)

:D

http://sweetaddiction.deviantart.com/art/pianos-and-pies-please-6428662

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory