Wednesday 6 February 2008

A Little Self-Promotion

Thought I'd spend a little time pointing you towards the pictures above and saying 'Look! Look how cool they are!'.

I also want to say 'I wrote that!'. These very pictures are the images that I wrote down in my script 'Tale of Teeth'. It is all about Geoff (Top Left, with the beard), the tooth fairy, owing money to Santa (Guy in the red suit. Duh!) after a poor showing during a poker game. In order to get the money in time, he is forced to hammer out kids' teeth because they just don't lose them quick enough.

It is such an awesome feeling to visit a set and see my imagined world brought to life with wooden flats and rented props. And it only gets even better when 'action' is called and the actors start saying my lines. The very words of dialogue that I have spent hours/days/weeks trying to perfect are now being said aloud by real people and then captured on tape.

After producing a film, I had lost the magic that makes filmmaking such an amazing profession. One step onto this set and one line of dialogue have rekindled my film romance and the spark that makes me risk living life poor and unemployed for the joy of being a part of something like this.

Also, Santa told people that he loved the script before ever knowing who I was.

I am a happy bunny!

:D

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory