Saturday 3 May 2008

Advanced Eating


Okay, so I want to eat this sandwich. Sausage, egg and bacon, with a little bit of brown sauce. I'm not usually a brown sauce fan, but in this sandwich I'm a convert. Maybe I want a smoothie, mangoes and passion fruit, because I feel I need to be a bit healthier.

With the smoothie, I get two out of my five fruits a day out of the way. Then, if I have veg for dinner and a different smoothie, it'll equal five. But each smoothie is 29% of my daily allowance of sugar, so two comes to 58%. The sandwich has a little, so now I've got to make sure that I have a low-sugar meal later.

It'll have to be fairly fat-free because the sandwich is 38% of my allowance of fat and 57% of my allowance of saturated fat. Maybe I'll eat fish, because that is supposed to be good for you. But I need one of three potions of yogurt or cheese. In fact, now I need three because there isn't any with the current sandwich/smoothie combination.

Okay, so I change my sandwich to something with cheese. Cheese and ham. Sure, it ups my saturated fat consumption, but now I get one cheese portion and some calcium. Maybe I'll add a tomato and get to three fruit and veg a day.

Oh, and I could have a yogurt. With fruit in it. Then, two out of three yogurt/cheeses will be sorted and I'll only have to eat one portion of peas with my fish.

And what about my two litres of water? Should I have a bottle with this meal? Can I have both a smoothie and some water? Wouldn't I just need to pee a lot?

So I add a bottle of water, throwing bladder issue caution to the wind, and luckily this doesn't do much more to my figures. I can take a quarter off my water allowance, and just have to make sure I drink more later.

So now, half an hour later, I'm tucking into my food. The sandwich is rubbish, and the water takes the taste of the smoothie away. I'm not really hungry anymore, and am just eating because I'd put so much effort into figuring this meal out.

Seriously, when did you start needing a mathematics degree to eat food?

:(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if your diet didn't revolve around sandwiches and smoothies you'd be ok? Just a thought.

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory