Friday 9 May 2008

Premiere


The audience was buzzing, talking about the last film they had just seen. The cinema was packed and I was sat a couple of rows back from the front.

The buzzing quietened as the next film started. My film. All of a sudden the words that I wrote almost twelve months ago sprang to life on screen.

My heart began to beat faster and my breathing slowed. The first joke didn't come for about thirty seconds, I knew this, and in those thirty seconds you can think about a lot.

Was this the correct way to open the film? Will people get it? What if they don't laugh at the first joke? What if they don't laugh AT ALL?!

I wait with baited breath. Now the success of this first joke decides my future. If it fails, so have I, and I might as well leave the industry now. It all rides on this one pratfall.

The joke plays and people laugh. The whole cinema laughs, in fact. I breath out, relieved.

A smile creeps across my face as they keep laughing: At the second joke and the third and all the others after.

Best moment ever!

:D

2 comments:

blueskies2day said...

Yay! Congratulations! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank god this isn't a public forum else I would have problems telling you how proud I am of you and what you have accomplished. Well done son :o) I look forward to watching it myself soon.

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory