Wednesday 26 March 2008

Graphic Novel (Unfinished)

This tale takes place in the summer of 2007.

It was a laid back time. A time I had chance to kick back and read a lot of comics. Then a thought struck me. If they can write comics, why can't I?

The idea led me as far as speaking to an artist and bandying around ideas. That led to "Journeys with the Imaginary Man", the first part of which was going to be called "Alexis in Wonderland".

It told the story of Alexis, a sixteen year old girl whose Imaginary friend comes back to drag her into the world of dreams. It seems that she is the daughter of the Sandman, and very evil forces are after her.

Since you are not seeing the comic on shelves near you, it can only be surmised that it never got completed. Not even a page. Above was a character sheet for Alexis. There was also a color drawing of her and the Imaginary Man, but they seem lost on some hard drive somewhere.

Oh, and the teddy in the picture is called Lancelot.

I've recently come across my outline for the whole thing, hidden deep in my e-mails. Since I'm supposed to be working on my dissertation, I'm sure I'll be working on the graphic novel soon.

Look forward to seeing it in shops near you soon!

:D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy shit! you can draw!? curse you and your broad range of talents!

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory