Tuesday 25 March 2008

Sofa Thoughts


The house has finally become quiet. People have stopped walking about upstairs which directly leads to floorboards not creaking anymore. All I can hear is nice, relaxing, two-in-the-morning music coming from my laptop and my own breathing.

It's great!

An odd side effect of going home is that I don't get a whole bunch of time to think. My holidays are always so short (surely most people think this?) that I spend my time dashing from one event to the other. I'm with my family discussing the merits of foreign films. Then I'm with my friends, catching up at the pub or chilling at five in the morning on a sofa, with early-morning TV for background noise. Then I'm out for a meal. Or out partying. Or out shopping. Or just out.

All of this leads me with very little time for me, time to contemplate where my life is going or who I am.

Except for right now, at half two in the morning. At this time I can lie back on the sofa, music for company, and just go into my head. I'm not saying 'my head' is always a place worth going. In fact, more often than not, it is a lame place to go. But it is nice to have the opportunity.

In fact, the past week I've been dreaming a whole bunch. Really crazy stuff and very vivid. In one dream, I've started a new school and get lost because the halls are so big. In another, I take the wrong train, but don't panic because my friends are bound to ring me when they see I'm missing. After all, it's my birthday. They don't ring, but I never know why.

In one, I've joined a band as a drummer, but I don't know how to drum. And they only give me cymbals! In one, I'm flirting with a beautiful girl and she whispers something in my ear. I still can't remember the identity of the girl or what she said, but it lurks on the edge of my mind.

In another dream, I'm being pursued my a black figure through the streets of Victorian London. Yet, I swear as I'm running that I know the person chasing me and that I shouldn't be scared.

I wonder, perhaps, if this is my mind catching up with self-reflection that I should be doing during the day. More likely, it's the offshoot of having too much to think about.

It really is about time I get to bed and tune back into my dreams. Maybe they'll continue, like a TV show, and I can find out why my friends left me, who the girl was or what is chasing me.

Maybe, I've wasted my dreaming ammo, by going inside my head right now. Only one way to find out.

Good night.

:)

No comments:

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory