Friday 14 March 2008

Home Sweet Home

I really don't know at what point my definition of 'home' will change. I've been living away from my parents for three years now yet today, when I've come back for the holidays, I still feel like I'm returning to where I belong.

Although, in two weeks when I travel back to Leeds, I'll only feel like I belong there. Is it possible to think of more than one place as your home?

Perhaps, after I become an adult (in the long distant future) and I buy my own house with a mortgage, that only belongs to me or whoever my partner is at the time, maybe then I'll feel truly home.

Or, on a more pessimistic note, perhaps I'm destined to never feel like no place is home, to roam forever as a nomad, settling wherever I could find a bed. That doesn't sound so bad, really. I bit eccentric. And I do like the image of myself as an eccentric writer.

So, after a fairly long train journey, I am now back at (one of my) home(s). I'll be sorting out my head, writing a treatment and a dissertation, becoming twenty-one, drinking copious amounts of alcohol and generally chilling.

It's going to be awesome!

:D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome 'Home' ...

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory