Monday 28 April 2008

Enrique's Questions

Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?
Yeah, sure, probably. I guess it depends on the song and how much alcohol is currently working its way around my bloodstream. The more of the latter means I will dance to more of the former.

Would you run, and never look back?
Nah, I'm too curious. I'd have to look back. Not, however, if I'm trying to rescue my love from the underworld. Made that mistake before.

Would you cry, if you saw me crying?
No, but I'd offer a manly shoulder to cry on. I'd tell you everything was going to be alright. I may even make you a cup of tea.

And would you save my soul, tonight?
Woah! Kind of a big question there! What would this soul-saving entail? Losing mine? Because I am so not up for that. I'm very attached to my soul. It's quite warm and comforting.

If I could get your soul back by, I don't know, playing a game of monopoly, I'd do that of you. If that means anything.

Would you tremble, if I touched your lips?
Tremble is a strong word. I'd probably be quiet, since when most people touch my lips they want me to shut up. Unless they're touching my lips with their lips, in which case they want to kiss me. Which I guess also shuts me up. Either way, I'm going to stop talking if you touch my lips.

Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this!
If this is in reference to the previous question, I've already told you that I'd be quiet, which usually involves not laughing.

If you just mean in general, sure. I like to laugh. Why wouldn't I?

Now would you die, for the one you love?
I could say yes now and I don't think it would mean much. It become a whole different ball game when I have a gun pointed at my head. But I'd like to think I was willing to die for someone else.

Would you swear, that you'll always be mine?
No, sorry. I'm fairly loyal, but I don't belong to anyone. I do like you though, but only as a friend.

Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?
No, I would tell you like I just have, that I won't just belong to you. Why are you trying to suffocate me in this relationship! Geez!

Am I in too deep?
Yes, maybe.

Have I lost my mind?
Yes, definitely.

I don't care you're here, tonight.
Not really a question, and also really harsh. What did I ever do to you? Is this still about not saying I'd be yours. It doesn't mean I don't like you. It's just...

Hey! Don't shout at me. Stop being so jealous! Of course I'm not seeing someone else. Yes, there was that one girl in the club, but she didn't mean anything, I swear. Well, yes, she was a good kisser.

Fine! Leave. See if I care.

[And the whole thing ends in a suicide. Because I did care.]

:(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really have too much time on your hands!

Unknown said...

Excellent post! Brightened up a horrible rainy day.

Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory